15H / 3PM : Networking (bring business cards, scripts, moodboards…) 🇺🇸 (in English).
You are a director looking for a producer ? You are an actor who wants to meet new directors ? You have a script ? You want to make new contacts ?
The PAMA networking sessions have always been very successful in the past. Once a directors picked an actress for a Nikon film « Je suis… », another time a scriptwritter found a producer and they shot the film a year after.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
It is like a speed dating, but to meet fellow professionals. And there is no other interest than making films together.
You take a seat, and you switch table every 3 minutes.
Be very efficient : start with who you are, and what you do. Then the other one speaks the same. Then ask what are you looking for, or what’s your next project.
3 minutes is very short. If you feel good vibes and believe you could work together : you’ll have time later to get back in touch, for example during the After Party (details soon), or the Saturday Night live connexion (details soon).
- You must speak enough English to network.
- Bring business cards, and copies of any material to show you skills (scripts, packages, flyers, CDs, USB keys, DVDs…)
- Respect the rules. Speed networking is meant to break the ice. You will have time later to get back in touch with anyone you want.
- Keep professional, polite and respectful.
– free for all artists selected at the festival